Monday, 12 February 2018

Bali’s Mount Agung has erupted again sending up 1.5 km ash cloud

#Bali #breaking #news: Unfortunately, Bali’s #volcano Mount Agung has decided to wake up once again throwing a large amount of dust into the atmosphere. 
Photo taken within  on Feb 13 th. around 1 pm 2018 


Photo taken within four Kilometers on Feb 11 2018 
My theory is that after a heavy torrential down pour for the last 24 hours that this water went down and hit the hot lava and exploded. This is an unconfirmed theory.

This means that everyone may have to evacuate again within 6 to 12 km from the volcano. So sad for those Balinese who have been under so much hardship for almost 6 months.

Unbelievable that I was just there two days ago when the government lowered the warning. 
Photo taken within ten Kilometers on Feb 11 2018 
Maybe the volcano is a female because you never know what it’s going to do. LOL.

As I predicted six months ago this will not have cause any effect on the airport Bali unless some supernatural events occurs and cause winds to shift from the normal trade winds which blow it away form the airport.



Perhaps it is just one last hickcup before going back to sleep for another 63 years. 
_________________________________________________

Staff writers, AAP | The West Australian
Tuesday, 13 February 2018 2:08PM
Mount Agung erupted again today sending up a 1.5 km ash cloud.

Bali’s Mount Agung has erupted again today, just days after the alert status was lowered for locals in the area.

Photos have been posted on social media today, showing a 1.5 kilometre ash column above the volcano.

So far, the ash cloud is not affecting flights in and out of Bali but authorities are watching the situation as it develops.

Indonesian authorities recently lowered the alert status of the volcano from the highest level following a significant decrease in activity and say thousands of people who have fled its slopes for government shelters may return home.

More than 140,000 people fled the area around the mountain after its alert status was raised to the highest level on September 22, indicating an eruption may be imminent.

The decision to downgrade Agung’s status was made after several scientific indicators showed a drastic decrease in activity in the past month.

All villagers who evacuated from its slopes could return home as the radius of the volcano’s danger zone had also decreased from 6km to 4km from its crater, Ignasius Jonan, the minister of energy and natural resources, said.

"People’s activities as well as tourism in Bali has been declared safe and there will no more disruption related to the volcano at this time," Jonan said.

The government volcano agency said smoke and tremors from the 3031-metre volcano, which indicate rising magma, have reduced significantly, but Agung remained on the second-highest alert level.

Indonesian officials first raised the highest alert five months ago, when seismic activity increased at the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment